Friday, December 11, 2009

~My FYP: Helminthiasis~

When people ask me what is your FYP is all about, i am proudly answered im handling with feces sample even people will usually laughed at me.Its parasitology matters, they may not understand that this study is crucial on estimating the occurance of human's helminth infection. My study is aim to promote the hygiene lifestyle as well as suggesting the treatment and prevention intervention to the public.


So, what is helminth?

According to CDC (2008) Helminth or commonly known as worm when infested a part of the body will cause helminthiasis. There are three main types of helminth that infect human which are Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichura and Necator americanus. Study have shown that poor hygiene and low socio-economic lifestyle are the main risk factors for this disease. Note that high cases identified was in the rural area. I strongly believed people know that to keep healthy, hygiene is the main concern. "Cleanliness is part of ibadah", as stated in one hadith.


In this final semester mood, I not bother more on anything else except to hope that this study will run smoothly even I have to change the topic due to some problem.


~My life's journey continues, bless of Allah is my highest inspiration.~

1 comment: